I’ve added a new image called homeless ghosts of new orleans.
thoughts for august 2006
I made a list of projects I wanted to complete.
- The Dream of Lydia Jane (an illustration)
- Black Trumpet Soup (illustration)
- Long John Pilgrim, the Thanksgiving Pirate (illustration)
- Gourds (illustration)
- Raymond and the Sun Pirates (book dummy)
- Claude Claude (book dummy)
I got Lydia Jane done. The Long John Pilgrim illustration has been ditched. I drew a sketch, and it just didn’t seem like it would be worthwhile to make it into an illustration. Gourds—I’d still like to do. “Raymond” was started, and then I decided to switch to a different book I’d written. So I created that book dummy instead. And it is a different dummy than the Claude Claude book dummy that won the prize for first place.
So aside from the freelance work coming in, what projects do I need to complete?
- Finish an illustration for the “top secret” book dummy I’m currently working on and send it to 14 different publishers.
- Paint the sketch of Santa that I’ve started.
- Paint the sketch of Franken Berry that I’ve started.
- Start typing the graphic novel I’ve written.
- Oh, and finish that “Gourds” illustration that is sitting, sketched, in my pad.
That ought to give me enough to do for the next 323 days.
And the winner is me! I just won first place in the Smart Writers 2006 Write It Now! Competition in the Dummy Book category (scroll down to the bottom). My thanks to Scott, Lauren, and Iris—and Roxyanne for all their feedback.
BTW, Heeeere’s Claude Claude!
Man, I have been busy. I have oodles of sketches that need to be inked. Oodles of images that need to be posted. New projects, and one in particular that is occupying every free moment I can give it. It started as a children’s book, but quickly turned into a graphic novel.
Anyway, I’ll post more stuff soon.