323 days ago
I made a list of projects I wanted to complete.
- The Dream of Lydia Jane (an illustration)
- Black Trumpet Soup (illustration)
- Long John Pilgrim, the Thanksgiving Pirate (illustration)
- Gourds (illustration)
- Raymond and the Sun Pirates (book dummy)
- Claude Claude (book dummy)
I got Lydia Jane done. The Long John Pilgrim illustration has been ditched. I drew a sketch, and it just didn’t seem like it would be worthwhile to make it into an illustration. Gourds—I’d still like to do. “Raymond” was started, and then I decided to switch to a different book I’d written. So I created that book dummy instead. And it is a different dummy than the Claude Claude book dummy that won the prize for first place.
So aside from the freelance work coming in, what projects do I need to complete?
- Finish an illustration for the “top secret” book dummy I’m currently working on and send it to 14 different publishers.
- Paint the sketch of Santa that I’ve started.
- Paint the sketch of Franken Berry that I’ve started.
- Start typing the graphic novel I’ve written.
- Oh, and finish that “Gourds” illustration that is sitting, sketched, in my pad.
That ought to give me enough to do for the next 323 days.